Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kalau dah bodoh…“We’re fired!”

Being a teacher isn’t always a bed of roses. Things do come up; jerks do appear n students do testing patient. This semester I decided to request to be teaching only the level 5 classes, which means I will also teach level 3.

There were 2000 plus students enrolling in the 1st badge. I was assigned to 2 Level 5 Engineering groups as writing teacher, 1 Level 3 group as the Listening & Speaking teacher and a group of repeaters for reading paper, R010 (royo, we called them).

The semester has now come into the 4th week. I love all of my students; even certain faces in my R010 class bruise my heart (arrogant faces, blank minds, torturing!).

Today, Friday the 27th, I clocked in as usual for my level 3 class; however, I was confused of the venue as we were in room S2013 last week due to the registration of the 2nd batch students in the hall rooms. To make it worse, I left my timetable paper at home…

I headed straight to the bulletin board for the levels (the board where students check their grouping and timetable). While looking for level 3 section, I came across a short note written on a piece of paper using a pencil… “Where are the timetables? We’re fired!! ”

A note possibly written due to the anger when the timetable is not ready even they have come to check for a few time. Earlier this morning one of my colleagues commented in the General Office, “some of the 2nd intake students r already angry because the timetable is not ready”. Being a timetable committee myself, I just kept quiet (even at this point, I could feel that my anger rose) because no point explaining this to the students, it is beyond their understanding plus, it’s d teachers job, so wait!

Come to think of it again, I realised that a few of these 2nd intake students are so daring, they are only in campus for about a week, and they have already had the guts to leave this kind of note. For them may b they feel that they are great, enrolling in a CFS as undergrads forgetting that the teachers ARE GRADUATES with DEGREES and MASTER DEGREES!! (and even some of them ARE DOING PhDs, locally and ABROAD!!)

If in case, a friend of the person who wrote the note read my account, I just would like to ask your favour to tell this arrogant friend of yours that no wonder u r doing English, u r weak in English!!! U can’t even differentiate meanings….for them I just would like to remind that FIRED means DIPECAT bukan MARAH BERAPI!...

Kalau dah bodoh sombong…what to do! Kesian…

No comments:


Peace of Mind...